Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Love & Support

Everyone needs Love and Support in their lives.   With these two components anything and everything is possible to achieve.   It's through Love and Support that we get through the hard times, enjoy the good times, and are motivated to experience and do more.  
Feeling Loved and Supported brings you strength, perseverance, and motivation to accomplish goals and live  a life full of meaning without regret.
Love and Support comes in many different forms and from many different people in your lives.   I know that I am loved and supported by my family.  Without them I couldn't have made it through many trials in my life. Without the love and support from my boyfriend, I wouldn't have had the courage to make a change in my career and advance into a field that I absolutely love.  With out the love and support of my family I couldn't have raised the beautiful, intelligent, and wonderful daughter that I have. 
Currently I am putting more focus on my health both physically and mentally.  I'm trying to lessen the effects of stress in my life by becoming more physically fit, eating right, and taking care of myself.  It's a process, but it's a process that I, and  many others are attempting.  Currently my main focus is my running.  I am working on training for that race, and working on getting myself back into to the habit.   It took me a long time to get out there again, and I want to do a special shout out to the girl that was by my side today, hitting the pavement hard with me!  Everyone, I'd like to introduce you to Miss Gabi!  Gabi is an inspiration.  She has been focusing on her health as well and has lost over 80lbs since she started her journey. She's been such a great support in helping me along the way.  Through her love and support I never gave up.  Through her successes, I've found motivation.  
It means the world to me that she's running along side me as I train for this race.  Both of us going out there, running, sharing the moment and the runner's high after it's over is something that I will cherish.
It's great when you have someone who's focused on the same goals as you.  Someone you can share it with, someone that will hold you accountable and call you out on your excuses.  And trust me, Gabi will not hold back if she thinks I'm being naughty and lazy!   So thanks Gabi!  Thanks for doing this with me and thanks for your love and support!
Gabi & I October 2012 (the last time I ran, well up until today!)

I am blessed with many great people in my life.  I'm sure you will read more and more about people as I continue this blog.  Who is an inspiration in your life?  Who Loves and Supports you?  



Training Update
Today was my first run day.  Overall I got in 2.49mi and burned 493 calories.  Goal for today was 2mi! you can follow me on myfitnesspal (jessmarie1023) or Edmondo (jessica.jakubiak@gmail.com)






No comments:

Post a Comment